Agape Community Bible Church is focused on building a vibrant Christian community where the love of God is clearly seen and felt, where the Great Commission is clearly taught and understood (Matt 28:19-20), and where kingdom-building is first priority. Ultimately Agape Community Bible Church will exist to reach the unsaed, reminding all that “Jesus came not into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved’ (John 3:17), to reach those newly-saved, assuring them that Christ has a vibrant life ahead for them and finally, to reach the mature believer where all may be edified unto spiritual maturity for God’s glory. With the incorporation of Bible Application Groups, we will help each other by sharing our lives, through asking and answering questions, both about life and about God, where at all times He will be lifted up and our dependence on Him will be clear. As a church body, our mission will be realized and easily observed in our living out of the following core values and our vision:
Our Vision: Endeavoring to be a visible demonstration and felt expression of God’s love
Our Core Values:
1. Communicating the truth in love: teaching practical truths of God’s Word in relevant ways.
2. Demonstrating Love: “And he answering said, “Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself.” (Luke 10:27)
3. God-Honoring Lifestyle: honoring God in all that they do, bringing Him glory. (Col. 3: 15-17)
4. Living Faith: trusting God in every way and stepping out on faith, trusting as we are walking with daily with Him. “He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; 21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.” (Romans 4:20-21 20)
5. Prayer-focused life style: fully acknowledging the power and authority of God and the absolute necessity of seeking His will in all that we do.
6. Intercessory prayer: through our love for God obeying 1 Timothy 2:1-3, 1 “I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior;”
7. Spiritual Growth: applying God’s Word to life no matter what level of maturity accomplished through small groups.
8. Disciple making: Through small groups, people will be leading and making disciples, multiplying themselves over and over again!
9. Christian Community: Through the love of God forming new and lasting friendships.
10. Use of Gifts: promoting understanding and use of people’s gifts to edify others and glorify God.
11.Worship: experiencing God through Praise and Worship.
12. Fun: showing people that living a life that glorifies God is fun and exciting, through fellowship and bestowing a general love upon each other.